The Rotunda of St. George was built around 304 AD under the orders of the tetrarch Galerius, who wanted to be his mausoleum. It was later converted to a Christian church by the emperor Constantine until 1590 and to a mosque by the Ottomans until 1912. Today it is a historical monument and a museum in Thessaloniki.
Croquis by Qupa jewellery line is inspired by architectural plans of famous monuments, museums and other landmarks in Greece and all over the world. For the first time, architectural plans are imprinted on precious metals at such a small scale, while maintaining their proportions and identity. In this way the value of each piece is enhanced, since it combines the elegance of the material and the structure with the cultural value of the imprinted monument.