The moodboard draws inspiration from the Hues of Santorini; the colorful tones of Santorini sunset and the natural terrain of the island to be reflected into the bright white of the houses and the deep blue waters of the Aegean. Beyond the classic Greek blue and white skyline, Santoríni is an island of burnt orange and blood red, royal purple and butter yellow, electric green and pastel pink.
Just as surreal as the crater, however, is Santorini’s rainbow of colours; even its cliffs, made up of layers of volcanic rock and soil, are banded with bright hues. Santorini’s volcanic soil grows a veritable kaleidoscope of colourful flowers, brush and grasses. The pebbles and sand come from hardened lava, and the colours vary depending on which geological layer has been exposed.
Cycladic Idols Museum of Cycladic Art
With its uninterrupted view west, Oia is the island’s most popular place to take in the Aegean sunset’s festival of colour. But even before the sky lights up with fluorescent oranges and pinks, Oia itself turns a peach hue, bringing out the oranges in the volcanic rocks of the cliffs.
- Santorini sandals natural | Kyma
- Rosette print long sleeves cropped tshirt | C U T C U U T U R
- Rhombus print midi skirt | C U T C U U T U R
- Kaleidoscope shoulder bag | Ioanna Kourbela
- Systema02 pink gold ring | Systemalab
- Basics round pendant with amethyst | Christina Soubli
- On Entropy homeware White marble cubicle | Zeus+Dione