This moodboard draws inspiration from colourful cycladic frames of doors and windows.
The prevailing colour has always been blue and along with the white-washed houses, this colour combination has become a trademark of Cyclades. The widespread use emanates from the ancient belief that the sky-blue shade of turquoise has the power to keep evil away. It is believed that the radiation of the colour composes a sort of invisible shield, which prevents the approach of bad spirits.
In modern times, the ruling military government of Ioannis Metaxas in 1936 gave an official order to paint all Cycladic buildings in white and blue colours to symbolize the white wave foams of the Aegean sea and the blue of the Greek sky; also a patriotic gesture to represent the colours of the Greek flag.
Nowadays, there is a wide-spread use of other colors in doors and windows frames as light ochre, red, pink and other pastel colours.
- Ari scarf | Kridemnon x Ancient Greek Sandals
- Syros sunrise necklace | AR.M Anna Rosa Moschouti
- Trifadi scarf | Kridemnon x Ancient Greek Sandals
- Syros brick necklace | AR.M Anna Rosa Moschouti
- The Islands coasters | A Future Perfect
- EVApack Cork flakes backpack | Lommer
- Infinity II bracelet | Cement Chemistry
- Syros marine necklace | AR.M Anna Rosa Moschouti
- Peramata scarf | Kridemnon x Ancient Greek Sandals
Photo credits – Alexandra Vogiatzi @minimal_voyage